Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Boulder Dash Concept

What I have been working on for the past couple of weeks is the game design and level concept for "Boulder Dash," our group's game.

The basic concept of the game is that the player, a rock humanoid, must navigate through seven (subject to change) with strong focus on puzzle solving and traditional 2D platforming with 3D models.

As one moves from level to level, the player loses one of seven (basically, same as the level count) abilities, choosing which one to give up.  To accommodate for this loss, multiple solutions are available to arrive at the end of the level, including some with creative, reflexive, or both actions to make it.

As such each member has constructed their own concept for arrangement of the levels, including the images below. 








I sincerely apologize for the handwriting and rotation issues. My handwriting just isn't photogenic. XD  And Blogspot too hates my pictures. :(
Oh, and although the swamp and city comments are in my script, they are a joint effort between Heather and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment