Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Testing the lastest Game Programming

Valerie FM

I've been trying to figure out how particles work in Unity, for which I'm doing a tutorial so that I can create the sand pits, dripping water, and pools of water found throughout the game using the particles and some conversions to meshes (polygons) if possible.  I don't know if the settings for the emitters are the same as the ones in Maya, with conditions under which the emitter will emit particles and the like.

Also, our latest game test has revealed a problem with controls: when pressing the arrow keys (to move) and the space bar (to jump) at the same time, the player only jumps.  Basically, we cannot move left and right in midair.  I thought this was an issue with code order (the program reads the command for jump before the arrow keys), but I'm considering that it might be that the move coding only allows for movement when in contact with a bottom surface.  I'll test this option in no more then a minute.

Some useful code from Unity Script Reference.  Hope this fixes our problems.



February 6, 2013
Valerie FM

It turns out some of the original code we worked with, with some tweaks, fixed our jumping and moving problem.  Go figure.  I don't have the exact code, but it will be in our next update.  As for the particles in Unity, they are quite interesting.  I'll post more details later.

No comments:

Post a Comment